Episode 20: Using Strategy to Mobilize Your Grassroots Organization
In episode 20, we’re talking about strategy! Board and committee retreats are happening now. We want to make sure you have the tools you need to make the next year impactful.
NEVER MISS AN EPISODE!
- Redistricting Awareness - League of Women Voters of Maryland: Tame the Gerrymander and Elbridge Gerry's Birthday Bash
Deeds Not Words - Strategic Planning and Outcomes
- SWOT (Strengths Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) Analysis. See more at University of Kansas. See LWV Minnesota's SWOT Analysis (PDF).
- SMART Goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound). See more at MIT.edu.
- League of Women Voters' Strategy screen (PDF)
- Define your audience
- Attend events as an individual
- Engaging the Community Part 1 (PDF) and Part 2 (PDF)
- Make it easy to collect data. Tools include SurveyMonkey or Google docs
- Make sure your budget and fundraising plans support your strategic plan. See more about budgeting from LWV Illinois (PDF)
- Invest in training your volunteers in skills they can use. From voter registration to social media, look for local resources and be on the lookout from LWV.org or other grassroots organizations for opportunities.
- Focus. Be inspired by your mission statement and let it guide your discussions. Find out more at the Wharton School of Business podcast.
- 10 Ways to Make the Most of Your Board Orientation/Retreat! by LWV.org
Examples of LWV Strategic Plans
Activist Alert - Gear Up for Action around the U.S. Census
- Keep up with LWV.org's work with the U.S. Census.
- Check out the LWVUS's Census Action Kit
- Coalitions are forming now
CONNECT WITH US!
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher
Music by OhmLab.