Episode 17: Creating Women-Centered Spaces in Politics
In episode 17, we discuss the value of equity and inclusion and the power of creating women-centered spaces in politics. We are again joined by Jessica Rohloff, justice advocate and board member of the League of Women Voters of the United States.
NEVER MISS AN EPISODE!
Deeds Not Words - LWV's Belief/Value Statement
- Text of the belief statement: "We believe in the power of women to create a more perfect democracy."
- Listen to Episode 10 on more about the League of Women Voters' Transformational Journey
- Difference between equity and equality. See more at edtrust.org. Watch the "$100 to the winner of this race" video.
- Read "Women's Suffrage Leaders Left Out Black Women" by Evette Dionne on TeenVogue.com.
- New York Times story on the 50th Anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination
- Learn more about Ida B. Well-Barnett (pictured above)
CONNECT WITH US!
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher
Music by OhmLab.