Episode 12: Lessons from New Members
Happy 2018! In our special episode 12, we interview two new League of Women Voters members on why they selected this legendary civic organization to make a difference in their community.
Special thanks to Andrianne Salvette and Alison Symons for sharing their insights with us!
- Become a member the Facebook Group, "Sips and Civility: Planning League Social Events."
- Active Listening: The Big 6: An Active Listening Skill Set by Center for Creative Leadership
- factcheck.org - A nonpartisan, nonprofit “consumer advocate” for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics.
- #deardavid - Consider innovative ways of storytelling like "#deardavid - Documenting the ghost in my apartment"
Big Asks from our panel:
- Contact your senators for your support of the We the People Democracy Reform Act - Senate Bill
- Go see government in action - attend a government hearing or visit a committee meeting at the local, state or federal level
- Train with the League of Women Voters to become a candidate/issue forum moderator. See the LWV Massachusetts' Moderator Handbook (PDF)
- Move conversations from social media to face-to-face interactions.
CONNECT WITH US!
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher
Music by OhmLab.