Episode 11: Using Online Tools To Your Advantage
In episode 11, we talk about online tools that connect, energize and mobilize your volunteers and supporters.
Books We're Reading
Deeds Not Words - Online Tools and Resources That Make a Difference
Help is on the Way! LWV Members' Resource page has hundreds of tools. We're here to help you find them. Resources by LWVUS, Nonprofit Marketing, League Easy Web, and LWV of California will get you ready for posting content that will inspire others to get involved.
- Facebook Posting Guide for Local and State Leagues
- Recommended LWV Communication Resources
- LWV & Nonprofit Marketing 101
- LWV & Nonprofit Marketing: Communications Roles and Marketing Guide
- League Easy Web's Writing for the Web
- LWV of California's Six R of Relevant messaging
- LWV Online Organizing Toolkit
- Check out League of Women Voters of Texas! Their graphics are bold and impactful
IT'S A TECH WORLD. FIND TOOLS THAT WORK FOR YOU
- List of open source activist tools
- The Info-Activism How-To Guide: Strategies and Tools for Digital Campaigning
- The Networked Nonprofit: Connecting with Social Media to Drive Change by Beth Kanter, Allison Fine
- Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World by Beth Kanter, Katie Delahaye Paine
- Voices app
- Set up Google Alerts
- MyLo makes it easy for setting up a League website
- Create graphics that pop! with Canva
- Write it in a blog
Let's keep the heat on Senate Bill 1880, We the People Democracy Reform Act. Give your lawmakers some attention and let them know a true American representative democracy is a priority! Write postcards, make appointments, Tweet and give your U.S. Senators a call. For information about the bill, click here! To learn who your U.S. Senator is and how to contact them, click here.
CONNECT WITH US!
Music by OhmLab.